In the world today millions of people suffer from illness because there are no sufficient vitamins in the body to boost their immune system, they get infected easily with minute bacterial. From the word multi-vitamins, multi simply means multiples; while Vitamins is a specific group of organic compounds essential in small quantities for healthy human growth. Multivitamins are combination of different vitamins or minerals added to diet to make a complete nutrients in the body.
A multivitamin supplement comes in form of piles, chewable tablets, powder, and liquids. Multivitamins contains three (3) components; water soluble vitamins, fat soluble vitamins, and minerals water soluble vitamins. It is absolutely necessary to take multivitamins after taking food to add up the nutrients of food. The fat soluble of multivitamins examples is vitamin A, D, E and K, these minerals includes calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, selenium and zinc. Vitamin are vulnerable to heat, light and chemical agents.
There are lots of nutrients from food but we don’t eat enough of fruits, vegetables and majority of the fruits and vegetables contains the multivitamins supplements. Science has proven that lower intakes of multivitamins can lower risk for heart disease, cancer, and other health related diseases.
Importance of Multivitamin in the body system:
- Healthy Aging: As we increase in age our body system as pass through a lot of exercise and it needs multivitamins to build up the absorbed nutrient.
- Boost Immunity: There are lots of supplements that can boost up the immune system, for example vitamin C is for strong antioxidant, it’s strengthening the immune system also Vitamins D and E can reduce allergy symptoms.
- Healthy Eye: Vitamins A, C, E protects eyes from harmful light waves, multivitamins contains combinations of lutein, and zeaxanthin can reduce the macular degeneration.
- Strong bone and healthy bones: Multivitamin containing calcium, magnesium, boron and vitamin D nutrients are mainly for the strong bones and healthy bones. It is encouraged that aging people should use the multivitamin to help achieve and maintain bone density.
- Managing stress: If you are a sport man it helps in boosting mood, the scientist has shown that a daily multivitamin one containing therapeutic dosages of B-complex vitamins can contribute to reducing stress and anxiety.
- Muscle strength: When taking a right multivitamin it improves the nutrient of the muscles, many of the problems with muscle ageing are allied with free radical damage, and an antioxidant-rich daily multivitamin can help keep free radicals in check. Vitamin D has also been shown to improve muscle strength in older people.
- Sexual Drive: Zinc is one of the best multivitamin for men, it helps in regulating and it’s improve the male reproduction for healthy sperm and good functioning of the male reproductive organ, including the prostrate.
Whether you are an athlete, body builder, a footballer, young or old, male or female, it is compulsory for one to start using multivitamins because it replenish the body.